Sunday, May 27, 2012

A Cloudy Day at the Falls...

The good news is that I have different types of 3D clouds for your decorating needs. The bad news is that I do not have step by step photos for this tutorial. I made these clouds awhile back for my friend's baby shower. Well, the night before the shower, she went into labor. So instead of decorating a fellowship hall full of clouds, I spent the night at the hospital. Now, I have a lot of clouds to use for VBS! Here's how to make them:

How To Make Pom-Pom Clouds
  • First, stack 8 to 10 sheets of tissue paper. Make 1 1/2-inchwide accordion folds (longwise). Mine weren't perfectly even, so don't stress over it.
  • Take floral wire and wrap it around the center of the folded paper. I twisted mine where I had what looked like a figure-eight in the center, so I would have loops to hang the cloud from and hang the rain drops off as well (I wish I had photos of this). 
  • Trim the ends of the folded tissue paper off into a rounded shape.
  • Separate the layers by pulling them away from the center one at a time. Fluff them into the shape you want.
  • Next, I hung fishing line from the bottom floral wire loop. 
  • I took blue paper hearts and folded them in half. Then I hot glued the fishing line into the center fold. Add as many or as little rain drops as you want. 


3D Cardstock Clouds
  • First, draw a cloud pattern on large cardstock (I used this). It helps if your pattern is symmetrical.
  • Trace the pattern until you have 3 paper cloud shapes.
  • Next, crease each cloud in the center, so it makes a right angle.
  • Line up each cloud so each of their centers are touching.
  • Hot glue each half of the cloud onto the corresponding half of the neighboring cloud. Leave the bottom of the cloud unglued. Do this until all three clouds are attached to each other. This should form a 3D cloud.
  • Then, cut strings of fishing line and cut out blue paper hearts. 
  • Fold the blue hearts in half. Hot glue the fishing line into the center of the heart, and glue the heart together. 
  • Take your strings of rain drops and glue them into the bottom of your cloud
  • Seal up the bottom of the cloud with hot glue and you're finished!
Now you have two different types clouds for your Victoria Falls!

Since this tutorial isn't as clear as I would prefer, please email me if you have any questions.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Macys Printable Coupons