Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Creating Your Own Great Barrier Reef

For those that have followed my blog in the past, y'all know how much I love using Great Stuff Expanding Foam. It is inexpensive, lightweight, and durable. I've used it in the past to make stalactites and termite mounds. This year I am using it to make coral for the craft room. When you use Great Stuff, be careful to keep it off your skin and other surfaces - it is very sticky.
How To
  • First, cover your working area with wax paper. This will keep it off your furniture and make the foam easy to peel off once it dries. I usually take cardboard and line it with wax paper.
  • Then spray the foam in the coral patterns you want. Follow the directions on the can for drying information. 
  • Once it is dry, you can spray paint the foam to make it colorful and bright. I like mixing different colors to create different looks.

  • After your coral has dried, carefully peel it off the wax paper. 

Now you have colorful coral to decorate your craft room!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Macys Printable Coupons