Friday, June 17, 2011

The Lights of Broadway

I wanted to have at least one light up sign for the Worship Rally at Times Square. Since I was planning on mixing this in with my other Broadway Posters, I decided to showcase the Big Apple logo on this sign. Before I got started, I enlarged the logo and taped it together. 

How-To

  • First, I used glossy Modge Podge to glue down the logo and seal it onto a piece of foam board. I painted over everything to make the entire foam board glossy.
  • Then I made holes along the sides of the board, so I could push Christmas lights through them.  I used a wood burner to make the holes, but you could use anything sharp. Make sure you measure out the space between your holes so your lights will fit.  
  • Finally I pushed the lights through the holes along to board. I put masking tape on the back to secure the the cord and the lights.

Now you have your own marquee on Broadway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Macys Printable Coupons