Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Cardboard: Your Friend and Mine

For college students all across America, finals are coming to an end, signaling the start of the moving season. With the moving season comes tons of cardboard boxes. On my last day of classes, I took advantage of this time, and scavenged some boxes to use for decorations. I love using cardboard because it is strong, easy to paint, and cheap (or free!). It is great to use to create space-fillers and decorative elements. Throughout the next couple of weeks I will continue to add cardboard creations to this section.

Space-Fillers
  • I browsed through the clip-art and chose some things to sketch out on the cardboard to use to fill up space in various rooms. The cardboard will keep its shape and remain firm, so it is easy to prop up against walls and in corners. If drawing isn't your thing, you can use a projector or an overhead to trace your image onto the cardboard.




Decorative Elements
  • Fireplace Gate: I used a piece of cardboard and folded some strong creases to divide it into three sections. I cut out a pattern and spray painted it black and silver. Then I lined it witch a gold paint pen. I think I am going to use it on a faux fireplace in the Bible Study Bunkhouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Macys Printable Coupons