Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Street Signs

I figured what is a New York City street without some street signs, so I decided to paint and build some out of pvc pipe and cardboard. 


How To
  • First, I spray painted the pvc pipe silver. I used a hammered silver spray paint. The pipe can be however long you need it to be. I didn't feel like buying new pvc pipe, so I just connected some smaller pieces together to get the height I wanted.


  • I also spray painted the pvc pipe caps silver to match the poles. Then I attached them to the top of the poles. 


  • I cut street signs out of a cardboard box. Then I painted them to look like street signs. I chose to paint Broadway, 42nd Street, and 7th avenue.
  • After the signs had dried, I hot-glued the cardboard signs onto the pvc pipe poles.




Now you have a street sign!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Macys Printable Coupons